WHY LEARN VIDEO EDITING?
Did you know video is the best marketing and promotional tool ever! Do you know why? While pictures tell a thousand words, a video tells a thousand more. Videos are able to get someone feeling emotional and even getting them to feel angry. With the correct techniques and editing secrets, you can effectively tell someone or many people a message you want to get across. No marketing tool beats a powerful video with matching music. In this technological age, you see people watching videos not only on television or the computer but on their laptops, tablets, and smartphones as well. So if you want something across, pushing out your message or promotion through a video to these people makes sense. And it does not have to be hard.
You will learn how to edit videos using Adobe Premiere Pro by learning Motion Control, Animations. How to use the Pen tool. Do Masking, Colour Grading, Slow Motion, and how to edit Multi-Camera videos, and much more.
COURSE PREREQUISITE(S) & REQUIREMENTS
- No particular prerequisites, though a strong commitment to learning the required skills.
- Attendance in the Online Tutorial is a must. All participants will be required to keep their Zoom videos on during the Tutorials. eLearners will need to take prior approval if unable to attend any session.
- Submission of project assignment on time required for Peer and Instructor Assessment. Late submission will warrant negative marking.
- Passing marks for Certification is 80% (subject to Grassroots evaluation).
- Grassroots Certification only to be provided to learners who are able to meet course requirements 2, 3 & 4.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN VIDEO EDITING AT GRASSROOTS?
You will learn Video Editing skills by attending your weekly online live tutorial sessions with your instructor. By watching pre-assigned reference videos and by demonstrating your concepts understanding video editing skills through the program online quizzes and assignments.
HOW OFTEN WILL YOU BE REQUIRED TO ADDEND YOUR ONLINE TRAINING SESSIONS FOR VIDEO EDITING?
Your online training will be held once a week on the weekend, either on Saturdays or Sundays. The duration of each weekly online training session will be 2 hours. The scheduled day and time for your weekly training session will be communicated to you at the time of your enrolment in the Video Editing program.
RECOMMENDED TIME FOR TRAINING PROGRAM
12 Weeks / 3 Months
As an eLearner, you are expected to come prepared having watched the pre-assigned videos and actively participate in the online tutorial discussions.
– Online Quizzes (30%): They will specifically focus on drawing connections between related content in the course videos and online tutorial discussions. Each quiz carries 10% marks.
– Individual Assignments (70%): Students will work on five individual assignments.